Monday, February 2, 2009

Random List

I was recently asked (in my Facebook page) to make a random list of 25 things about me. Which, as you will see, was hard. But fun. Here it is:

1. I like the NY Yankees.
2. I'm beginning to like mild weather over cold. I used to say I liked each season, but winter in DC is not, so we might as well skip it.
3. I registered as a Democrat this past election year after giving up political parties for years because I thought they were all jerks.
4. I like the Beatles and most of the rock music I prefer is non-US. US rock for the most part doesn't rock.
5. I love nature and that's why we have lots of pets around all of the time. And plants. Brings nature closer.
6. Tame is boring.
7. I read historical novels and science fiction but only a few pages at a time.
8. I don't think anyone will ever resurrect Firefly and Serenity. I've given up hope.
9. But Joss Whedon still rocks.
10. 25 random things are hard for me to think of.
11. But now it's only 24 because I put that nonsense random thing right up there in slot #10.
12. And if I keep this up, #25 will be here before I know it.
13. Wes Anderson films are odd and quirky but that's the way life is and that's the kind of film I like.
14. Life is good and even when it's not sometimes, you might as well enjoy it.
15. I'm really settling into blogging and twittering and facebooking pretty easily.
16. Which is weird (#15) because I'm quiet. But not weird because I like to write.
17. I once wrote a whole paper in college without any punctuation marks. The paper was an argument against the need for punctuation marks. But a college intern graded it and because he didn't like my premise he graded it poorly.
18. College interns must have limited minds.
19. I was never a college intern, but my mind is limited. But then so is everyone else's mind. So.
20. This list is getting exciting as we begin to sense the end. There is a light at the end of the list tunnel.
21. That's good because darkness is overrated, except when one is having a dark night of the soul . . . which is the kind of darkness that everyone needs. Like a Thneed (see "The Lorax").
22. One of my favorite books is The Lorax. I always get choked up when the last tree is chopped down with a sickening thwack.
23. Firefly is better than Star Trek and Star Wars but not many people know it.
24. If a science fiction TV series falls in the woods but no one hears it does it make a sound?
25. God is overrated because we tend to make God in our own image and we tend to overrate our own self importance.