Saturday, January 10, 2009

Blah

Okay. It's been awhile. Since I wrote in the blog. But a lot has gone on. I won the office football pool in an office I was at two offices ago. Actually that happened well before my last blog. But I'm looking for something to write here so cut me a break. Oh! And Barack Obama won the Presidential election. Yeah, I know. That's old news, too.

It's just that the midwinter blahs have set in now that the rush of the election and the end of the football pool season are over. Now that I've reached level 80 in World of Warcraft. Oh I know there's still the post-season football fantasy league that I'm in. but I'm dead last in that after the first week. At least I have room for improvement. And then there's the hope of the upcoming baseball season. It's only about a month until spring training. I hope the lowly Yankees can improve over last year. Like me in fantasy football, at least they have room for improvement. Speaking of room - they will have a new playroom this season. A new Yankee Stadium.

The flow through of visitors has ebbed. it was fun while it lasted. We are down to the standard two cats, one dog and two humans again. In an oversized, overpriced house. Supersized. Like the Big Mac and Whopper.

Off meat now too. Prompted by a viewing of the movie "Fast Food Nation." I'm totally meatless. Not vegan. Still eating and drinking dairy and eggs (eating, not drinking). Hopefully the hens and dairy cows are humanely treated. Maybe. Depends. Kate's eating fish flesh (the fish industrial complex wasn't featured in the movie, so . . .). Gasp!