Saturday, October 25, 2008

Commitments

This is Oblate commitment weekend at Mount Saint Benedict in Erie, PA. I'm not there this year but sent in my paper indicating I'm still committed (or, maybe, should be committed!). I miss the Community. Here is what I would have said at the Commitment Ceremony this evening, were I there:


Blest by God and this community /
we enter into a year of commitment /
with joy and expectation. /
We are empowered by the love of God /
to live more deeply /
the way of the Gospel /
and the Rule of Benedict. /
We understand the mutuality /
of our commitment /
with this community /
and we respond with trust and love. /
This relationship is grounded in hope; /
hope for the transformation of each other /
and ultimately /
the transformation of the world. /

I'll say it in my heart.