Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Morning Quarterbacking

It's easy to look back and say how things should have gone, or to say "I would have done it that way." But looking back over this past weekend, I can't think of much that I would change. We had great friends and family visiting. The weather was almost idealistically fall-like . . . sunny, blue sky, crisp mornings . . . there was good food all around, and the celebration (of life in general and of Kate's installation) was complete and superb.

The only hitch was when I went to pick up the food for lunch on Sunday at Whole Foods - it wasn't there. The person at the deli said that they simply didn't have the order for the food that we thought they had (Kate called it in by phone). So, after getting a head count of munchers expected, I went to the nearby Safeway supermarket and filled up on sliced meats and cheeses, pita pockets and tortillas, humus and condiments, desert munchies and juices. There was plenty and people seemed satisfied.

Now it's off to work . . . a bit chilly this morning on the dog walk but I expect that will burn off when the sun peaks up over the horizon in about an hour.