Thursday, November 27, 2008

Time is Short

I'm being rushed out the door. We're leaving at 8 AM for up north and it's . . . well, you see what time it is below. So, time is short for me to blog. My mind doesn't work well on short time. Mine is a long time mind. My thoughts need time to simmer and percolate before anything understandable or cogent comes out. So, if there are a lot of tipogruphicel erors in tody's blog i apologixe, because I just can't operate this way.

Kooper just ate some of the rolls we are bringing up to Meadville/Franklin for dinner tomorrow (Thanksgiving with family will be a Friday event this year). Kate doesn't know it yet. She's upstairs tea-ing. I imagine she'll come downstairs soon. He ate them while I was typing the words above. I have two choices. I could put the bag with the hole in it and the two out of eight half-eaten rolls back into the shopping bag for the trip north. Then, I wouldn't suffer the ridicule and embarrassment of having enabled Kooper's feast for six or seven more hours (and then be buffered by others being present to laugh along). Or I could just leave the bag out and look sternly at Kooper as Kate comes down the steps as if to say "That Kooper! I just don't know what we can do about that dog!" And maybe preemptively avoid any question of my acquiescence.

I'll go with the first. So if any of you are around Franklin later this afternoon, stop by my Mom's house to help me out. I would be so very thankful. Please. And have a happy Thanksgiving!