Monday, April 6, 2009

Changing Weather

A cold front from the west will change our 70s and sunny weather of Sunday to 60s and thunderstorms today. Kate and I are still hoping to see the cherry blossoms in the District (post-peak) after work today in the evening. The front and storms should be passed through by then.

As will the other big change happening today - my first day at the new job. It's very similar to the change in the weather. Big shift from what I was doing just last week.

I spent yesterday morning buying some new "work clothes" for the new job. The office attire is dress casual but a bit more dress and bit less casual than what I've been used to. So I bought some new pants and shirts to match the expectations.

No rain or wind yet. It's still nice out. But I need to "pack" for the change. It will be cloudy, windier and wetter by the time I leave work. Everything changes.