Monday, April 20, 2009

Rain

It's raining here which is good because we can use some water about now. It's rained on and off lately but mostly too much off. Things need replenished. Yesterday was about the nicest day of the spring so far. Sunny. A bit of a breeze. And warm. Kooper and I went for loads of walks throughout the day. Two before church. And a large handful afterwards into the evening. Kate worked from 8 until 8 yesterday so Kooper and I had a lot of bonding time.

Kooper has been down in the dumps the past few days, I think the result of downing a few M&Ms that he got into. A small bag was on the coffee table tempting him left there by the children of our NW PA visitors. Although I'm sure he enjoyed the few that he ate, he's not eaten much since.

It's good to be back in a routine again after last week's travels. This week will be spent getting to know the ins and outs on Capital Hill. Meetings and introductions. Getting the lay of the land. Just figuring out where buildings and offices are. That sort of stuff. And with the rain it probably means my umbrella will be in the "up" position in between stops. Luckily my office isn't too too far from where I need to go. A few DC blocks - which are bigger than most big city blocks I've noticed. About twice as long between streets as, say, in Chicago, Pittsburgh, New York or Philadelphia. More time spent skipping over puddles and dodging raindrops.