Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fog

My head's in a fog this morning. Kate is out of town down east (Lewes, DE) for a couple night retreat and I never sleep as well when she's gone. I think it's because I crash on the couch so that Kooper (who never comes up to the bedroom's top floor) and I can commiserate together as we doze off. But the dozing is less so on the couch.

The other fog this morning is a few blocks east over the Potomac. The remnants of the still-cool River water flowing south through the moist, mild air that is settling in. Mild yesterday except for a brief burst of a thunderstorm just as I got home from work. And just as mild today.

Kate will be back on Thursday. Until then it's just Kooper, Lucky, Zelda and me. Maybe we have a mouse or two. I don't know. Wishful thinking I guess. I think city folk have rats rather than mice. Mice are cuter. Not that there's anything wrong with rats. They are very smart in their own way.

Friday we venture north to Pennsylvania to listen to the latest music gift from our granddaughter and her violin (on Saturday). Should be a quick but nice trip. We'll be traveling Friday evening late over the mountains in Maryland and Pennsylvania. So, hopefully there won't be too much fog of the head or air variety.