Friday, April 3, 2009

Earth, Wind and Fire

It's setting up to be a windy and rainy day in the DC area today, as thunderstorms are called for along with wind gusts up into the 30 mph range. Very spring - like. Nice how things work out that way, it being spring and all. Also coming in from the northwest (along with the wind, lightning and rain) will be a friend from the Meadville, who is staying the night. We were thinking of going to see the Cherry blossoms before they all blow away, but the rain has dampened those plans. It will be too windy. And rainy. And muddy. We'll think of something drier to do more in this area of town.

In the meantime this weekend is my "vacation" before going into DC Monday to start "DC Employment Part Deux." I have a feeling this one will go a lot better than the last! I'm actually off today. The mantle clock has just struck 9 AM. Time for me to clean the bathrooms. All 3 and 1/2 of them! Lots of places to pee in case of an emergency! I need to vacuum some, too. Before our guest arrives.

Oh and on the blog title for today. I'm not really going to talk of anything fire related. That was just a gimmick to get people to read this.