Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Saint Paul

St. Paul, the story goes, found religion on the road to Damascus. I'm on the road. In St. Paul this week. I've found a nice region here. Nice people. Lots of green and more trees that I thought there would be (don't know why I thought that). A lot of water. About as much as I thought. Lakes all over the place - small to biggish. And then there's the Mississippi River, which is a fairly wide river by the time it gets here. Not huge like the upper Ohio or lower Susquehanna. But it has a long way to go to the Gulf of Mexico. This is the view out of my 14th floor hotel room looking north up the River.











There's been a lot of heat too! 90 yesterday. And again today. A cold front is coming through tonight. So it should be cooler tomorrow. Then I'm on the road again. Back to DC. Maybe I'll be blinded by a bright light. And find religion.