Friday, June 19, 2009

Accordion Fun

We are going to see the Motion Trio tonight at the Polish Embassy. It's the last in this season's series of embassy nights in DC, where there is a reception and some kind of musical event in one of the embassies in town. I'm on the email list and get notices all throughout the year. But what caught my eye was that there was a special "buy two get one free" for this night, and the music is accordion music! Not your typical embassy, classical kind of musical thing. It should be fun. The group, The Motion Trio, is touted as being unlike any other accordion act in the world.

My only other experience with accordions is when I was growing up and my best friend was taking accordion lessons. He had to practice every day. So, I got to listen to him a lot as I waited for him to finish, so we could do real things. Like play baseball.

We have four tickets for tonight. Got the three for two deal and then one more. Erin and Brid are down for the week, while Brid goes to a nearby string camp next week with her violin. So we get to hang out and do some nice Alexandria-DC sorts of things. Like accordion embassy visits.