Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Reductions

It's a bit lonelier these days now that the visiting family folks have left. Kate (not visiting but of the "left" variety anyway) is out in Oakland these days. Erin and Brid left on Sunday, late in the day after we went to see the London Royal Ballet at Kennedy. And Pat and Jen left last week earlier on to head to northwestern PA and then a board gaming convention in Columbus, Ohio.

That leaves just the four-legged family members and me. I don't recall being a four-legged type much. Just when I'd take the kids for a horse-back ride when they were small. I'm sure I crawled at some point way back when. But that when is too way back for me to remember.

The family that's left is pretty quiet. Zelda spits at Logan when he passes by. And has even taken to hissing at Kooper now, too. Zelda, it seems has now lumped Kooper in with other evil dogs because of the frenetic pace of Logan. We sometimes see Lucky but only for a few minutes at a time (I was going to say "occasionally" there instead of "sometimes" but I always have trouble spelling that word - get the double consonants wrong a lot).

So, we are plodding along on all fours or all twos as the case may be until someone else comes through the door. If things go according to plan that will be Kate sometime in the middle of next week. Of course, things could happen of the unplanned variety and a visitor could grace the doorstep. You never know. Stray dog. Feral cat. Injured squirrel. Traveling friend. There always seems to be enough room.