Monday, December 22, 2008

Brrrrrrrr!

I now know it can get cold in the Washington DC area. It's windy and clear and crisp out now. The coldest day of the season so far by far! Kooper and I didn't go for our typically long walk this morning. I think he would have but the cold wind cut through my multilayers and seemed to find each seam and crevice. So Kooper was kind enough to agree to wait for Kate's walk in an hour or so to get his "exercise" in. Kooper has a friend to walk with these next few days. Seneca. John and Maggie's dog is here. John and Maggie are here, too. And Robert. John and Robert are Kate's brothers and Maggie John's wife. Down from the grand state of Rhode Island - little in size only. Great spirit, I'm sure. In that mix of New York City and New England "get lost, let me help, you bum, isn't that cute. bah humbug, merry Christmas" kind of tradition. Split personality.

So. Time for some soup. Not literally. Not now at 5-something o'clock in the morning. But it's the time of year for soup. Warms the heart and body and soul. We had some last night. Potato. Wards off the brrrrr and replaces it with mmmmm.