Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hard to Believe

It's hard to believe that Christmas is less than a week away. Kate and I went down to King Street in Old Town Alexandria last night. The best purchase was pizza from a nice pizza place/Italian restaurant down there. We got a few gifts for people, too, but most are gotten by this point. In fact, many for the Pennsylvania crowd are up in Pennsylvania already, having been shipped by my tiny elves at Amazon.com to my Mom's house directly for opening up on the weekend after the big day (if the weather cooperates and I can make it up!). All of the Pennsylvania gifts that is, except for some car tires that Kate and I are getting my daughter. They don't wrap or ship to well.

Some other things that fall into the "hard to believe" category . . .

the depth of this recession and the depths to which it might still go
my youngest child is almost 21
it still hasn't snowed here in the DC area yet
we are going to have our first African-American president
I have a job that's not in the science or conservation field
I'm ahead in the Pennsylvania DEP Meadville office football pool
Lady is gone
we have a Christmas tree that is narrow and doesn't touch the ceiling
George Bush is finally leaving (I thought he'd never leave!)