Sunday, December 14, 2008

Decided shift

The wind is decidedly southerly this morning. A shift from last night when Kate and I were out walking and Metro-ing about. We walked the several blocks to and from the Metro. Then it was still and cold. Now there is a warmth to the cold air.

We went to to Kennedy Center last night to see a modern dance group perform. "Modern" is the operative word. It was very. The music - which I thought was the best part - was very modern, as well. The last of the three pieces, especially. Very avante garde.

We had good seats. A few rows back, although Kate would have rather had the far view from up in the balcony. I wouldn't. I prefer closer up. We were in the Eisenhower Theatre. One - and the smallest - of the three major theaters in the Kennedy Center. It's definitely the most intimate and, for my measure, nicest. It was recently redone. Like the change in the weather this morning, you could smell the newness in the theatre as soon as you walked in. Industrial construction by-products probably. I hope that's not what blew overnight into Alexandria on that southern wind!