Sunday, March 1, 2009

All Wheel Drive

There is a trace of snow on the ground this morning around town. Very wet. Less than an inch. I hear the big snow of the year is coming up the coast later today, though. Between six and twelve inches, depending where you are in the DC metro area. I guess I'll have to go up into the attic and get the shovel out! It's been hiding up there, collecting dust since the move in July.

Snow can be problematic in this area I hear. So I'm really curious to see how it all works out by tomorrow morning. Of course, in the all-wheel drive Subaru we can get around okay. It's the rest of the world. The two-wheel drivers. They're always the problem anyway. Not just on snow issues but pretty much everything else. Isn't it always the way? Everyone else's problem, fault, issue? Not mine! I've got all-wheel drive. Don't I?

Well that's the way of life in Washington, DC, anyway. Plenty of fingers pointing. Not enough fingers on the wheel doing the driving. That's why we just slip and slide through the slush. I like our new driver in the White House. He seems to have all-wheel drive, too. And has both hands on the wheel.