Thursday, March 12, 2009

Virus

Kate has a cold. She must have brought it back from Colorado. So I'm doing all of the sensible things to avoid catching it. Wearing garlic around the neck. Carrying a silver cross to wave when we pass each other in the hallway (Unitarian viruses hate silver crosses). Overdosing on vitamins.

But I can feel myself slipping away. The eyes are watering. I have a little cough. My nose is clogging. Sniff.

Just in time for the return of the cold weather. A front blew through last evening from the west. Ushered in by a strong wind. Now the temperature is in the 40s. Yesterday it was 70. It should stay chilly today and tomorrow but will be a bit milder this weekend. That's good. If I have a full-fledged cold by then at least I don't want to have to battle the cold weather.

Well, that's the medical and meteorological report from the DC metropolitan region today. In a word: cold.