Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cherries, Robins and Apples

This week is the week of the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC. The cherry trees that the Japanese government gave as a gift to the U.S. are supposed to peak later this week (the blossoms that is). That's good that the peak is later because this weekend is a bit damp. Mild but drizzly. Both are good. Mild because spring is finally here in its glory. Wet because we need the rain.

When Kooper and I morning-walked a bit ago the robins were singing the most I've heard all spring so far. Maybe in response to the warmth and wetness. Male robins were marking their territories in sound. It was a wonderful spring chorus. I lengthened our walk just to keep listening.

And I have my Apple computer back already! They shipped it from here to Texas on Wednesday. It got to Texas on Thursday, when the techies there replaced a faulty piece of hardware (and hilariously changed my wallpaper from one Firefly scene to another - it couldn't have been an accident - whoever worked on my Mac must be a Browncoat!). So my Apple is back. My fingers fit the keyboard again. And the world is a peace once more.

What was it Richard III said in Shakespeare's play? "A Mac! A Mac! My kingdom for a Mac!"