Monday, March 2, 2009

Shovels, Knives and Forks

I actually used the snow shovel this morning for all of about three minutes as I cleared the snow off our stoop, steps and 20 feet or so of sidewalk. Five inches of snow. Give or take. The shovel is resting now in anticipation of maybe some more action later. I told it not to expect any. But you know how shovels are. Eternal optimists!

Kooper is happy. Not because of the snow. He didn't seem to notice one way or the other. But because I'm starting work two hours late. Which means I'm eating something (something I don't do in the morning when I go to work early). Which means that Kooper is licking the peanut putter off the knife I used to spread my toast.

Speaking of utensils (up there). We got the photo below yesterday from Meadville. It's of some strange looking people standing in a lake named after a utensil - the fork - in Adirondack State Park. Forked Lake. Nice place. Good memories. We're going back to the mountains this summer if all goes well, but not to Forked Lake. To Stillwater Lake instead. Supposed to be even nicer and even fuller of good memories.