Thursday, March 5, 2009

And in the end

Yesterday I told my supervisor, the Executive Director of the nonprofit I work for, that I am resigning effective one month from now. Sad time, the half hour or so we were together. And afterwards, too. But if she is a square hole in the fabric of the organization, I am a round peg. And it's just not working. Never will. Round pegs don't fit into square holes unless they whittle themselves down so much that they can be crammed in along the sides. Unless they stop being who they are.

It's almost like the story/movie/play "The Point," written by American songwriter and musician Harry Nilsson about a boy named Oblio, the only round-headed person in The Pointed Village. Except that are other Oblios at the place where I work. I'm not sure how they fit in, but I can't. Don't. Won't.

I met some nice people there along the way. Made some friends. Maybe helped some folks, too. And in The End, that's what matters I guess.